Thursday, August 03, 2006

Jedi Mind Tricks

So in a past relationship I was accused of using a Star Wars tactic on her during our relationship.
I will call this chick Jersey Girl.
So what's her defitintion of Jedi Mind Tricks:
When men play with a woman’s mind and emotions. She says men are the masters of jedi mind tricks.
She said the signs that your man is playing a jedi mind trick are as follows:
He says she’s just a friend but every time that friend comes around you she is giving you dirty looks; He makes promises he never keeps but promises to anyone else he always follows through; He’ll say it’s all in your mind or you are misinterpreting a sitution when a conflict arises; He’ll say he is sorry and won’t do it again…only to turn around and do whatever he said he wasn’t going to do again; He’ll be the master of white lies and half truths. He’ll tell you he went out only he won’t tell you he went out with his ex-girlfriend.
For example, I would tell her, “My natural dispostion is always to be happy.”
Her Translation: it’s easy to lie to your face and smile at the same time.
My Translation: Unless given a specific question, I will only answer what was asked.
Now in some instances when I did not answer I direct question, rather I would re-direct her inquiry with another conversation or just move on all together. Another aspect of Jedi Mind Tricks.

Manlaw states there are no half-truths or half-lies. Manlaw states if you want a specific answer, then ask a specific question. Or better, yet, if you feel you are a victim of this sourcery, then leave the situation.
There are no tricks to that. Though, according to Jersey Chick. I was one hell of a Sith Lord. But I would just say I am Luke Skywalker using the force.

10 comments:

journiemajor said...

Understandble, I do that too sometimes. But you know what the implied question is, why not just answer the implied question? Avoiding an argument, b/c she had to sit there and ask you all these questions, to get the details, when you knew from the beginning what she wanted from you?

Keith T. Reed said...

Journie: see my earlier post re not being named Swammi. If you haven't asked a man a specific quesiton, don't expect he knows specifically what you want to hear.

Sherlon Christie said...

@pimpgod'sson....exactly. Tell her again.

Nika Laqui said...

Well, thats what I do...I am the maste of Jedhi mind tricks...*lol*

journiemajor said...

Yes, I read your earlier ost re not being named Swammi. Like I said, I do the same thing, so I completely understand, you ask, I tell, you don't ask it, I don't tell.

But like it said in this particular post, if you already know that the female wants to know that you went out with your ex, just say it. Why would you be afraid to say it? Again, I'm just speaking in generalities, as I'm sure you are.

And whatever spc, we've already experienced this, I told you yesterday, you didn't ask, so I didn't volunteer the information.

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

If I ask you a question, regardless of how broad the question may be, answer it to the fullest...leaving nothing out. I hate waste, especially if it's my breath. So, don't give me the run around. Besides, leaving stuff out when you know what I wanted to know is still lying. It's just lying by ommission.

journiemajor said...

LOL nice try Con, but, at least for me, I don't always know if I will. Some of ya'll have the ability to grow on us, and we may have thought in the beginning we wouldn't sleep with you, but sometimes it's not always a definite no, or you might do something to piss us off before you get it, and will never get it, even if you were told yes.

Mystifiedlady said...

Skinny G is a Sith Lord...you could ask him specific and I mean specific (names, dates, times, etc.) and he will find a way to not answer the specific question or just straight up lie. *Still shaking my head*

Jameil said...

sounds like a good way to end up alone. i understand if you don't know what she's saying. however, this post implies you know what she's asking but are willfully avoiding. leading back to my prior statement: sounds like a good way to end up alone.

Jameil said...

concious... tried that. doesn't work. dudes get pissed and start frontin. i ain't even say nothin abt all that... yeah but its implied.