Monday, August 14, 2006

It ain't what you know but who you know !

Allow me to re-introduce myself. Conscious1 aka Mr. Sixseventeen aka International Man of Mystery. I operate on several planes. But there are someplaces I just don’t like my name to be. For example; don’t say my name to your boyfriend, don’t say my name in court, and keep my name out of the streets. I want to speak about the last one. I used to do my thing. I mean I have been in the Boston nightlife since 17 at Pollyestas. And I find women to be the most beautiful creatures on the earth. I am also fully aware that women are raised to be emotional beings and they like to talk, often about men. So, I learned at a young age that women would tell their friends about you. What you bought them, what you said, what you did, and how long you did it . . .So I became very selective about who I saw and in what capacity. I stayed away from the popular chics that everyone wanted because chances are they spoke to a lot of people which would put more people in my biz. I tended to look towards the chics that played sports, you know ill body but not really popular, maybe two or 3 real friends, not concerned with popularity. Later, it would be the quiet one at the bar tapping her foot, dressed conservative, wanting to dance but no ones asking because her ass ain’t hanging out. I’m at her. See jealousy nad hating ran rampant in the mid to late 90s. Brother’s that can’t dance, or had no game, or weren’t good looking would salt if they saw you too much especially in the company of a young woman that they were interested in. Worse case scenarios: gossip, prank phone calls, ice grills, and maybe violence(very rare, but not unheard of). And I have tests, within my first couple of conversations, I’ll ask about the ex ? I’ll see if she talks about him. Does she dog him out to a stranger ? If she does I take note immediately, and she might find herself a platonic friend. I have to ask myself what If our future split isn’t amicable ? I’ll be the next one to be on blast. I mean I know sometimes a woman can be your greatest commercial bragging to her friends. I have even gotten some action because a woman told her girl about the kid and how I do. But I have my own PR department and I prefer to handle my own promotional campaigns. I would like someone to form an opinion of me based on my actions towards them not necessarily the last woman I dated. And now with the advent of the internet, people can be put on full blast with pictures, stories, video and more. So, fellas be careful and choose wisely before you find yourself out there. Women, be ladies, if you have nothing nice to say. You know the rest

Brother's Man Law: Real men like to move in silence. Let my actions speak for themselves.

7 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

Well let me be the first to say.....I am pretty girl and I dont RUN my mouth. If u woulda asked me about my ex i woulda said :THAT MUFUGGA: and i mean that in a good way.........but hell u bringing him up is giving me bad memories.....I dont kiss and tell. Not even if u piss me off....ANd im currently biting my tongue on a situation that happened but I dont want no backlash so imma keep it to myself. I wouldn't say im SNEAKY but I dont like my business told. U would never know if I like BOYS/GIRLs or BOTH......:) I didnt put it out there, im just saying......SO are u telling US that u LIMIT yourself to some BEAUTIES cuz u are SCARED of them running their mouth?

NegroPino™ said...

So u wanted to refered to as THAT DUDE or HIM....?

Gregory Lee said...

What a strong debut by Con1.
I would like to think that the best PR is being yourself and not worrying about what my ex said about me because at the end of the day, I have to look myself in the mirror. Good or bad, I still got to keep movin despite what hateration may go out.

Southerner in Suomi said...

First off, you men gossip just as much as women. So don't even front. And Con1, thank you for the shout out to us athletic women. We like your type, cause if a bitch get in our face, she gonna be heading to the hospital.....

Plus, like you said you done got play off another chick running her mouth about you. That is the one good outcome (for you at least). But I'mma go 'head and say, you never know what's going through a bitch head. Look at how she handles her realtionships, then stop and think. "Do I really want this hoe to know about my great man, IN ANY WAY?" I think not.

It is you and him in the relationship. Not him and your friends or your nosy ass aunt. TWO PEOPLE. Those are the only two who should be talking about what's going on.

CNEL said...

"See jealousy nad hating ran rampant in the mid to late 90s."

Still running rampant and we in a new decade.

"Brother's Man Law: Real men like to move in silence. Let my actions speak for themselves."

Some truth was spoken right there.

Sherlon Christie said...

Outstanding debut...and I so hate when a woman can't make up her mind for herself and has to run your name through the girlfriend jury and stuff.

journiemajor said...

Very interesting debut Mr. Con1!!!
"I’ll ask about the ex ? I’ll see if she talks about him. Does she dog him out to a stranger ? If she does I take note immediately, and she might find herself a platonic friend."

My question about this statement though, there's a reason he's an ex. It's almost rare when you can be friends with your ex, so of course, she might say something b/c there are bad feelings that come up when an ex is mentioned/asked about. Plus, like Skinny G said, why would you care if she had something bad to say about her ex? He could've done everything right, and if she was the one that messed up, and didn't like how he ended the relationship, she could still say something bad about him. What she thinks about her ex is just her perception, and may not necessarily be true about the guy.

But anywho, about the rest. I learned the hard way not to say more than "things are okay/going well/great" when my friends ask b/c they ALWAYS have something negative to say, or if I elaborate on the good things, she might try to get with him herself. (This has happened to me before, even when I complained about the guy, and she just had to see for herself, and complained too). Misery always loves company, and there's no way I would let my friends bring me down to their level, or even allow their hate on me and my man's relationship to stop me from doing what I do.