Thursday, December 14, 2006

FUBAR

In military parlance, this means "Fucked Up Beyond All Repair". It's what they say when a tank or some other piece of vital equipment gets blown up or otherwise damaged to the point where it cannot be fixed. Key thing to remember here is that there's a difference between something being FUBAR'd and being completely destroyed; in some ways a FUBAR is worse because the damaged equipment is still laying around, a visual symbol of a major fuck-up.

Ok, so what's this got to do with Manlaw? A lot, because, as men, we've all FUBAR'd a relationship (if you haven't, you've never had a relationship, or you're just perfect, in which case you're not really a man. Real talk.) It could be the aftermath of the one mistake you made that you'll never really be forgiven for, or the cumulative effect of you not taking seriously signs that a woman is getting tired of your bullshit -- until it's too late. In other cases it may not have to do with a woman at all -- any relationship or important connection can be FUBAR'd by mistakes big and small.

So, brothers, we here at Manlaw invite you to tell us about your FUBARs -- share your stories of lost love, like or whatever that you had no choice but to sit and watch as it stood, damaged but beyond your ability to fix. No worries, you can remain anonymous and we promise not to make (too much) fun of your idiocy in ruining a good thing.

7 comments:

Nika Laqui said...

No one wants to talk about it?

Nika Laqui said...

No one wants to talk about it?

Tupac Da Dogg said...

Everytime I've wanted to get rid of my (female dog), I got rid of her and didn't regret anything. It was for her, mine -- our -- own good. Call me a dog, but that's how I roll.

FUBAR is a needed tactic in the game, though. Just don't pass through the streets of blown up tanks, and you'll be a'ight.

Tupac

Chris said...

I'm guilty of FUBAR with quite a few friendships that possibly could have been relationships because of my inability to be mature and patient where said friendships were concerned. I've learned that if something more is meant to happen, it will. But lawd, the stories I could tell about everything from suggesting me and a friend to hook up or just straight out asking why we couldn't be friends with benefits. Yes. I've fucked up.

BZ said...

Every mofo I dated should be reading (and submitting their story) to this piece! HAHAHA!

Amadeo said...

The only real one I can think of was early in the game...a rookie mistake. I'm sure everyone has slept with a woman they didn't really have interest in. My problem is I did it with someone who was a friend. This was when I was with a group of 10 - 20 friends everyday. It came out that she liked me and I pursued, hit and promptly lost interest. The real problem was that I didn't expect it to happen. I avoided her for a while but, she knew what was up and stepped to me to say just that. I tried to squirm but, the space was too small. She soon stopped hanging with us. Pretty much my fault. The other sisters only mentioned it once. It was like an unspoken black mark on my record though.

Mario Walker said...

Nice post I've submitted to www.ArcaNext.com If you know of any news worty posts please submit. Kinda a digg clone.