Monday, October 30, 2006

Ask Manlaw Part 1

This is the first set of questions sent to brothersmanlaw@yahoo.com. Remember we will not reveal the names of those who submit questions.

Do you feel that a man and a woman can truly be platonic friends despite any lingering attraction?

SPCHRIST response

No. If one party (male or female) thinks the other is attractive...there is always the chance that party will test the curiosity in the future.

SKINNY G response
There will always be a sense of uneasiness when it comes to one party being attracted to a female friend. That party will attempt to gain the attention of the opposite sex by doing things that they would not do with other friends. It can't be a true platonic relationship with those attractive feelings.


Why do you think some women never give "good guys" a chance in favor of the "bad boys"?

SPCHRIST response
If women actually gave "good guys" a chance and stopped chasing "bad boys", they would have absolutely nothing to complain about.

SKINNY G response
I recall when I was a young G in high school and the rep on me was quoted by a female friend about me. "Greg, I could not date you because you are too nice and I would feel bad because I would cheat on you and you would not cheat on me."
I was like what kind of bullcrap is that. So as I got older I also experienced that women are more intreagued by guys who have a sense of excitement. It's usually those guys who live on the edge. But my question is how do you know good guys don't live on the edge too, but it's a different type.
But today I find that as ladies get older they tend to go for less drama after dealing with the wanna be thugs of yesteryear.

9 comments:

POPS said...

LMAO!

Amadeo said...

ok...anyway. Bravo Fellas! I have these discussions all day with my (majority) female coworkers and they never agree with my sentiments, but oft times fall into the patterns described.

Sherlon Christie said...

@textbook postmoves.... lmao

@amadeo.... thanks

nikki said...

woman want nice guys, but not if that means dealing with a cat who will allow himself to be walked over. unfortunately, alot of sistas equate 'nice' with 'pushover'.

but hol up...it ain't enough to be a 'good guy'. damn, i ain't mad you a good dude, but don't expect me to be all up on your scrotum cuz you didn't call me a bitch. there's 'good guy', then there's 'right guy'. let me at that 'right guy'.

beleza said...

u guys have it all wrong.

women love bad boys because of the inner instinct of trying to fix that person. we are nuturers and want to take care of people, so thus having a bad boy gives us a challenge.

i mean really we are just as much of a hunter as the male species are, so why not.

why not want to be able to chase something down and tame it.

if we were chasing something that didn't run or make any attempt to get away, it's just not fun.

but choose your game wisely because someone who seems to be a good boy could turn on you and become a bad boy, those are the ones that women end up with for the most part.

Sherlon Christie said...

@nikki....I'm feeling you on that. I'm both nice and the right guy. However, don't cross me...I can go from nice to your worst nightmare very quickly.

@mistress....(coughs). I wish to assert my 5th amendment rights.

@raina...Do you have any friends? spchrist2@gmail.com

@beleza...why not cut to the chase and get something that is ready right now...rather than a fixer-upper? I'm out of high school and college, I don't have time for those games.

*snake*bite* said...

Wanna be thugs portray certain things that nice guys do not however i favour the good guy and always will as they are just as or more exciting it just takes time to get to know the good guy and in the long run that time taken will always be worth it.
xxS*Bxx

POPS said...

yo wtf, son? the brothermen got some in Nov so they fell back. lol. got a little chilly outside and cats started dialing.

-_- said...

I wish the stereotype of 'good girls' and 'bad boys' would just go away.

I don't want a brother with cornrows, gold teeth, jeans sagging past his ass. I don't want a brother with a record, no job, 10 kids.

I want a BLACK MAN who is respectable, clean cut, honourable and God-fearing.

Is that too much to ask for?

And 'good' brothers - why get scared when a 'good' sister heads your way?

(kisses teeth)